Hybrid iOS and Android mobile applications are quite challenging to develop, you have to face a lot of technical choices, while having to deploy a maintainable app. With all those concerns in mind, which technology should you use to develop your mobile application ?
It depends ! As always every choice depends of the app you are willing to release, if your main goal is to develop a web app and having a side mobile app is only a nice-to-have, you should probably use React Native or other web related frameworks. Flutter is a great choice if you want to propose a nice navigation experience to your mobile users and if you are targeting multiple mobile platforms as you will only have to maintain one codebase for both iOS and Android platforms.
Developing your own game multiplayer game is one of those tasks that is easy to do once you have done it once but really complicated to do the first time you face it. Are you ready to develop your own multiplayer game using Unity’s cutting edge DOTS, ECS and Netcode technologies ?
In this article, we will discuss the key concepts of game multiplayer then we will discuss how to develop fast and reliable multiplayer game with Unity ECS.
iOS apps are quite challenging to develop, you have to face hundreds of concerns from product specifications to market release. With all those concerns in mind, is it worth it making your app accessible to all audiences ?
Definitely yes ! In this article, we will discuss why you should consider adding some extra accessibility support and how you can understand the related problematics so it can become natural to your to take that into consideration later on.
Fastlane is a tool that will help you with during your app deployment process in different ways :
– Take screenshot while running your iOS Unit Tests
– Simplify the provisioning profile management
– Build the application and upload it to iTunes connect along with metadata (app localized description, app category …)
Do you recognise in one of the following Unity developer situation?
– You are working a your brand new amazing Unity project and you don’t know how to start?
– Does your controllers become massive and hard to understand or to add new features?
– You feel like what you are planning to do will result in spaghetti code after a few modifications?
– You spend a considerable amount of time fixing edge cases bugs?
– Adding a new feature means regression and massive refactoring?
– Your app result in a bunch of closely coupled modules?
– You don’t know why your Player class is now tightly coupled with that Enemy other class?
– You feel like the effort vs benefit tradeoff with TDD isn’t worth it?
But it doesn’t have to be that way. You don’t have to stick with MVC and massive MonoBehaviour classes. You are looking for something better.
A Unity codebase does not have to be a bunch of “topic related classes”.
Your application handles user input, computing, network operations and must render a frame to be displayed to the user at each frame. You have to separate concerns.
Furious Bounce is a next gen mobile hockey game application for iOS & Android platforms.
Furious Bounce has been designed to allow you to play fast and funny games in a cartoon universe with cool characters each having special powers.
If you intent to do a really simple app and you want to focus on the content you provide, Ionic is perfect for that purpose. It takes less than 15 min to configure and allow you to deploy iOS & Android apps really fast for simple layouts : pipes, components, pages, directives, providers, and tabs.